The New Early Sunrise Band is one of Baltimore’s leading country and western bands. Formed over 15 years ago by fiddler Dave Goodman, we have recently released our first recording Telephone. Here’s a collection of goodies for you to take a look at.
* If you’re ever in the Baltimore area, you’ll want to come see us, so check out the band’s schedule.
* We have a short press release about Telephone and the NESB, and a blurb on members of the band.
* We’ve got some quotes from reviewers, so you can see what they’re saying about the NESB and Telephone.
* You can hear the song “High Tech Redneck” from the CD. Careful here! It’s a 1.5 meg Sun .au file.
* You can take a look at the cover of Telephone.
* You also might be interested in a list of songs you might hear during a… Continue reading
Dolly Parton has been performing for more than 50 years, but there are still some things she hasn’t done. On July 22 and 23, the Country Music Hall of Famer will play her first shows at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl. “I’ve walked out on stage there to sing with Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris, so I thought I had played there,” says Parton, 65. In addition to what she calls her “must-dos” — like Jolene, I Will Always Love You and 9 to 5— Parton’s set list will feature selections from new CD Better Day and from Joyful Noise, her movie with Queen Latifah and Kris Kristofferson that’s set for release in January.